Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I would like to power my panasonic cassette recorder rq-l11

Customer Question

i would like to power my panasonic cassette recorder rq-l11 using the 12 volt cigarette lighter as the power provider, thereby saving the cost of batteries. i connect the recorder to the car radio, thereby using the car speakers the cassette recorder input is 3v. is there something on the market for this?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, basically a 12 volts to 3 volts converter/adapter. What is the model number of the "...gadget from THE SOURCE..." please? ...or better yet a link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
took the gadget back to the source for refund, so don't know the model no.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for nothing. i am not an expert, but a minimum of common sense tells me that you go from 12v to 3v. what you should have provided was a part no, and an adress where available.. $24. for nothing? how disgraceful! hang your heads in shame.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.
Still, have you considered something similar to the product shown at the link below?
http://www.powerstream.com/dc6.htm
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Agree; "...common sense tells me that you go from 12v to 3v..."
What was critical was also to address the "...loud static noise..." Hence time needed for searching a suitable/noise-free version - http://www.powerstream.com/dc6.htm