Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I need a firm ware update KDL-55ex500

Customer Question

I need a firm ware update for my KDL-55ex500
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , here is that firmware , click this link and let me know if there are problems with it ;https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL55EX500&upd_id=6829&os_group_id=18
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This is what it is supposed to fix;Resolves an issue where color may be incorrect when using an HDMI® connection.Resolves an issue where some Cisco cable boxes may stop responding when the TV is turned on.Resolves an issue where the picture may not be displayed when using a Sony® BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc™ player connected by HDMI and using one-touch play.Allows for the power-on chime sound coming through the TV speakers (not through the Optical Out) to be turned off in the Setup Menu.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is another link with more info like the tv`s manual ;https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=KDL55EX500&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The firm ware update did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The firmware update did not work and I want a refund.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No kidding ,to start with you did not say what you wanted the update for ??!!??You just said you wanted a firmware upgrade so I provided and certainly not to blame if your update did not do what you expected.Whats the problem with your tv anyway , tell me and I may be able to help ??By the way , I don`t do refunds here I`m a tech , not an employee and not privy to any of those matters , you`ll have to go back to where you first logged in .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Before going out please let me know what is the problem and I may be able to help ?