Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

I received this robot its a robosapien blac and white in color

Customer Question

I received this robot its a robosapien blac and white in color .it will not work I put new batteries in it and all it does is when you push the button on the robot its eyes turns red.now the remote will go on different colors but nothing happens can you help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The problem the most common with those is that over time the insulation of internal wire flake and crumble. You may be able to get it back to work by replacing suspect wires. It may have some damaged component from shorts circuit but it may also be that some part just don't get enough power. So the whole thing will need disassembly and replacing the wires. I would replace the suspect first, and if it come back to life i would change all the others before other problem occur as a precaution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure and don't forget to rate me when you have time. A note about the replacement wires, make sure they are at least (or a bit more) the same diameter as those already there. Using smaller wire can cause them to overheat.