Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Just purchased a Garmin S4 Approach. Am charging and have been

Customer Question

Just purchased a Garmin S4 Approach. Am charging and have been connected to your Garmin Express for software updates. It's been running on Step 2 of 4 for over 45 mins and seems to be stuck. What should I do? Bill
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check the internet connection - the process may have stalled, if the internet connection was interrupted or is not working. After that.. you should let it try to compete, overnight if necessary. But I fear it will not restart nor complete, frankly. In which case, in the morning, you will have to disconnect / turn Off everything for a while, then try again. And if an update is interrupted, often, the device is badly crippled in functions after that... I'm sorry if this happens, but updates are always critical and if interrupted or done wrong (or if they just plain go wrong, which sometimes happens) unfortunate things happen to the device, usually.