Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

How do we power off the radar om the 7612?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
If you are using a radar that is connected through the Garmin Marine network to your other devices, that it should shut down with the 7612. If there is a yellow wire coming from it, make sure that that is connected to a common ground on the vessel. That is the toggle wire that some Garmin devices used to toggle other devices on or off. I do not know for certain that it's included with your radar but if it is that something to check. Your radar may also have its own power switch, but this again is going to depend on what model your radar is. If you still are unable to turn it off and you can provide that, I can provide you with more specific instructions. I am assuming your question concerns physically turning off the radar and not removing it from the configuration of the MFD if I'm wrong and that come please correct me.