Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My HBO flip won't charge or turn on. It has only been used

Customer Question

My HBO flip won't charge or turn on. It has only been used twice
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jbl flip won't charge or turn on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Examine the charger. Is the cord OK, without strains (esp. at either end) or breaks or cuts, or severe bending at any point? If not, then the charger is probably not the problem. (But, make sure you try the charger on several outlets.)
Has the phone been dropped, or otherwise badly used? gotten wet? been in a location above 95 degrees F. for a period of time over 10 minutes? If not, then the phone is probably defective.
If the charger came with the phone (and is new) then I would say: return the phone, promptly, to the vendor or store you got it from. It is defective, and you have a right to either an exchange for another one of equal value and capabilities (if not the exact same model), or a right to a refund upon returning it.
If this answers your question fully and adequately, then let me know what rating you wish to give for my Answer - or, rate my Answer. If you need to know more, let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir it is not a phone .It is a blue tooth Jbl flip speaker please help
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry and I apologize... I thought a 'flip' meant a flip phone.
But aside from that detail, I stand by my already-posted answer. The speaker should work. If it does not, according to what I detailed, then it should be returned.
Not charging or not turning On, within a few weeks or less of being bought, is cause for returning any device of any sort. Without any doubt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm so glad that I payed you for absolutely nothing . Please refund my money to my card
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I beg to disagee. I don't think that you 'got nothing.' You got some very good advice, that will be much more useful to you than what you would have done if you had not had that advice.
(Did you change the batteries? or put in ones that did not come with the device? check whether the batteries have been removed by any chance.)
As to charges... I have no power over charges to your card, or pricing, or billing, or payments, subscription terms, etc., as a JustAnswer.com Expert. I must refer your concern to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
They will take care of your concern with reasonable promptness - considering that it is Sunday evening (at least in the United States.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dude you don't even know what in the hall your talking about. You were worthless
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I do know what I am talking about.
A note to Customer Support: the customer is being abusive. The refund requested may not be justified, given that I have given the customer advice that is good and have continued to provide helpful advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodbye idiot
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Please note what I posted earlier - perhaps you missed it - about applying with concerns about refunds, charges, etc. to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. Such a request may still be justified.
I think I deserve an apology, though. Good bye, otherwise.