Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Panasonic easa-phone 308 switching system model

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic easa-phone 308 switching system model (kx-t30810). The other day it stoped working. The power led turns on but the mode day/night leds do not. Nor do any phones connected to it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The next would suggest you try doing is completely removing power from the unit after shutting it down properly then waiting a few minutes and plugging it back into power so that it will start up in a fresh statement with all the components electrically reset.Since it is only the day night they seem to be having a problem with, please try the following to see if you can get into day night mode. It's you program day and night mode dial 04 and then you should see day night mode on the display. Press the next button and you should see on the display mode change: man Press the select button to alternate between manual and auto and select desired mode Press the memory button. The blinking LCD will stop. To return to the initial program mode, press the end button. Of course, especially with the reprogramming of the system, there are 100 other possibilities. But while doing case you do not have it is provide you with the installation manual for the system and if those first instructions don't help you, you might want to take a look in here and then see what problems may have occurred if anything else was being changed. Then come back to me and we can discuss it. http://bitli.es/vOkBjJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that didn't work. The phones aren't powered at all.
Okay, that's a bit different from what I was thinking based in your explanation. It sounds like the power supply has failed and needs to be replaced. That's if you can even find a power supply for this. Do you have a local phone technician that you normally work with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do all this sort of thing myself. But if it was the power supply wouldn't the power led be extinguished also?
If the power supply had completely failed, then yes I would agree with that. I'm reading your description of the issue again, you're saying that the phone system turns on, but and never really completes God God starting up. Is that accurate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cabinet, seems to be powered. The power led is lit, but neither the day nor night leds are lit. Non of the phones seem to be powered, accept for analog phones, which are getting a pass-through to the co lines, but seem to have no effect on the system.