Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

Is it hardware when the Harmony remote 650 on off button does

Customer Question

Is it hardware when the Harmony remote 650 on off button does not work and other buttons do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the On/Off button do not work on the intended object of the remote, to turn it On or Off, then either:A. you have not configured the Harmony remote correctly and exactly for that device and its exact model number...orB. *if* the On/Off button does not work on *any* device the Harmony remote controls (and, assuming there *is* at least two devices it works with), then it may be a bad On/Off button, esp. if it was ever gotten dirty with anything esp. food or crumbs, or if it was ever gotten wet, or dropped onto a hard surface, etc.... orC. you may have a Harmony remote or the device that it is controlling (if it is only one device that it controls) that has a hardware defect, is 'broken' in short. So I suggest (before Opting Out, because I cannot give you a phone call at this time) that you1. double-check the exact and accurate model # ***** the device(s) that the Harmony remote is to control2. reconfigure the remote (and MyHarmony.com) to those exact model #s (or, that exact model # ***** only one device is controlled).
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. If you push down hard on the power button does it work?