Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle is very old, 8 years or so. The battery no longer

Customer Question

My Kindle is very old, 8 years or so. The battery no longer holds a charge. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If the device is 8 years old- without a doubt the battery is dead. The solution here is to purchase a new battery from NewPower 99 (at the link below), and replace it. They also show a video at that link that outlines the procedure:
http://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kindle_3_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20kindle%203.htm?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrJ2tBRD13N7T5u7k9I8BEiQA5APAALrqWPGCoQJGPwxsKtnr77E4xeuDzuMHl4MyXtVR3gkaAiKA8P8HAQ
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.