Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My AVR-2313CI Doesn't detect the internet. I've reset my rou

Customer Question

My AVR-2313CI Doesn't detect the internet. I've reset my router and modem. Checked my connections and reset the receiver manually also unplugged it too. All it says that DHCP is on and cant do anything with it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us:
a) how was the RESET performed on the Denon; and
b) have you tried manually setting the networking configurations of the AVR-2313CI?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not well is had me re-celebrate the speakers all but the center works. My router isn't even decicting it. I've tried the internet cable on other devices and it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Celebrate the speakers I meant
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please and as posted above:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressing the to preset buttons and the power button at the same time. I don't see any opions to changing the network settings
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
The "trick" would be to set DHCP to "Off"
In the MENU, goto Network / Settings / ENTER/ ▲▼ / DHCP / ENTER/ ◄ ► / Off / ENTER and then manually set the IP Address configurations as prescribed by your router.
Implementation of the above steps may vary depending on the firmware/version/regional settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How r u able to select DHCP when it doesnt let u in the first place
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried with the networking to the Denon disconnected and then performing again a RESET? ...and ensure that the display is flashing before the TUNER PRESET + & - buttons are released?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep I've done all that
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.
In [MENU, goto Network / Settings / ENTER/ ▲▼ / DHCP /], at which point would "...it doesnt let u in..." ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't let u select DHCP to change it
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Interesting.
Is DHCP grayed out or selection jumps over it?
First tries (if have not been done)..
a) have you checked/ensured that 'IP Control' is set to "Off In Standby" ?
b) and 'Proxy' is also "Off" ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IP control is gray scale. DHCP isn't gray but I can highlight it to change to off.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please; "...I can highlight it to change to off..." or 'can't' ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Am almost tempted to think a firmware issue as a RESET should have reverted everything to default.
Bear with me (confirm) / a review; MAIN / SETUP / Settings / Network / DHCP; the ▲▼ will not allow selection of DHCP ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
A last query; from MAIN / SETUP / Network / Settings would it not immediately show/select DHCP ? ...if not what is immediately selected inside Network/Settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows everything I just can't select it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In network the only option to select is information then next is the friendly name screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read that I need to change DHCP on my router but I don't know to do that
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I beg to to offer a differing understanding. Even if no networking cable connected, the Denon should allow manual changing/settings of Networking configurations. Additionally, if the router's DHCP function is disabled (turned OFF), then all the other devices connecting to it would have to be manually configured.
Would you perhaps consider a second opinion / another member of the site to address your concern(s)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Crazy, I just spoke to charter and had them reset my modem for the heck of it still doesn't work I'll call demon see if they can do anything. Thanks alot for ur help. Have a great day
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand and would appreciate an update when able.
Cheers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, cheers ***** ***** too
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Yes please; thanks.