Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a benq pe7700 projector that is shutting down after

Customer Question

i have a benq pe7700 projector that is shutting down after start up. i have replaced the fans in the front and have comfirmed they are working. The color wheel fan is also working. do you think the temp sensor could be out?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Either the temperature sensor, or the circuitry that reacts to its readings, is defective... or else, perhaps, the lamp bulb is being kept from being cooled, by a trifle of dust in air passages that lead to it or on those surfaces - and it takes very little dust, to obstruct and impede air circulation cooling, I have found in my experience - or else, perhaps, the lamp bulb is starting to burn out, and is thus overheating, drawing too much current and getting too hot, or similar problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the temp sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry but dust isnt the problem. the light error suggest fan not working. i have comfirmed that all fans are working. what else could be the problem. sensor, mother board, power supply?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think the heat sensor would be most likely to be the problem.It would be a small component with wires, not far from the lamp, I think. But otherwise, I regret that I lack specific information for this maker and model of projector.Fortunately I have found this information upon a search, it is unofficial but it is probably reliable I would guess: http://www.functionalchaos.net/pe7700/fan_removal.html and it does mention the temp sensor, which as I guessed is near or part of the lamp assembly.