Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a large collection of Panasonic .dvf still images, downloaded

Customer Question

I have a large collection of Panasonic .dvf still images, downloaded from my Panasonic NV-DS99 Camcorder using Panasonic DVStudio Version 1.1 supplied with the Camcorder.
I am now unable to read these files, or convert them to .jpg or any other format as the DVStudio V1.1 is incompatible with my Windows (or MacBook) computer.
How can I access these files now. Can I download a later version of the software to read these files and allow conversion to .jpg. I have computers running Windows 7 64 bit and Mac OS X Yosemite
Thank you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
DV Studio 5.6 is available which is compatible with the latest version of windows.
You can download and install it from my link below
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/mdv56_w7.html
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HICustomerI have not replied yet as I have not yet resolved the problem.The past history is I have a collection of unreadable still images from the late 1990s recorded on my Panasonic DS99 MiniDV camera.
I can't open these files now as the DVStudio version 1.1 is incompatible with Windows 7 and will not install. (I still had the original CD)
Panasonic would allow only updating of installed versions of the software.
I followed your instructions. Despite blocking pop-ups and running antivirus and Malware Bytes, pop-ups and redirection to other sites prevented me from downloading the files using Internet Explorer or Chrome.
However, I was able to download the files using my MacBook Pro (2012, Safari, OSX Yosemite) and trnsferred them to the Windows computer.
The program would not install unless I connect my camera to the computer. After a weekend conference, I will retrieve the camera from storage and try again to install the new DVStudio.
I will let you know the outcome in 2 or 3 days. I have my fingers crossed
Clint
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
With all the popups ect you got from windows, you may want to have the computer checked out for any infections...
The site I gave is the official Panasonic site, no issues with it at all, and I have checked it. So sounds like you have a serious infection there on the computer.
I can also as an additional service clean that up for you. If your interested, let me know, as if you get redirections it points to an infection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to reply yesterday - email must have got lost in the ether.
I had not yet replied as problem not resolved.
I was unable to download the DVStudio program files on my Windows computer due to pop-ups and redirections despite running virus program and Malwarebytes. However, they did download onto my MacBook!
I then transferred them to my Win64 machine. Unfortunately, installation will not complete until I connect my Video camera to the computer. I am on a weekend conference, and have to recover my Panasonic NV-DS99 from storage and will try again to install the new program in a couple of days.I hope it will read all my old still files, and I no longer have all the original videotapes.In the past, I was unable to read the files because I was unable to load the original DVStudio V1.1 onto Win XP, (it was Win95 program). Panasonic would not allow installation of updates unless I already had a version installed. Crazy, really, no benefit to them of denying access of their customers to their files.Clint
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks