Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Power bar will not go altheway,screen says repair code:2

Customer Question

power bar will not go altheway,screen says repair code:2
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, try holding down the Power button for over 30 seconds, then give it several minutes to restart.
If that fails to change the error then you can try a factory restore - which is simply done by adding a file named
DO_FACTORY_RESTORE
(with underline characters instead of spaces, you see) to the root directory of the drive on the Kindle, then restarting it with the power button.
If it is difficult to insert such a file owing to the problem, then create such a file on your computer (with e.g. Notepad), save it to disk, then select that file with that name, Ctrl-C it into the Copy buffer, then in the brief interval when the Kindle is accessible to the USB connection to the computer, Ctrl-V it into the root directory of the Kindle.
(That is, create the file, Copy it, open
Start - My Computer
or
Start - Computer on newer PCs
then connect the turned-Off Kindle to your computer and open the Kindle device the instant it appears in 'Computer', or select the Kindle device with one click then press Ctrl-V to paste the file to the Kindle ('s root directory of its hard disk.) )
And if worst comes to worst, then if it is less than a year old, turn it in to Amazon.com for a warranty-provided free-of-charge replacement.