Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

To make the unit stay on I have to hold the power button d

Customer Question

to make the unit stay on I have to hold the power button down
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a garmin echomap 50s not a range. I put that somewhere but it did not make it to you evidently
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. How old is your Gamin?And just to be sure, the unit functions normally except for having to hold th epower button in?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems to. unit is less than 1 year old
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you thats a good thing. In your case the power button circuitry has a problem, its not actually in the switch but in an IC the problem resides.Since your Garmin is covered for 1 full year you can simply exchange it depending on where you bought it from or contact Garmin warranty for this and they will handle this for you. They are very good efficient and usually very quick with a solution for you. I would call them for faster service.Please call: (###) ###-####or(###) ###-####ere is their website: http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.htmlLet me know if you need anything further. and please remember to rate my service to you today.Have a wonderful day!tech Michael