Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a Yamaha 50EJRZ motor with a jet drive. I changed the

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha 50EJRZ motor with a jet drive. I changed the water pump because of low water pressure and I found that the impeller was slipping on the shaft be cause the last time it was changed they didn't put in the Woodruff key. On further examination I saw that there is no key way on the shaft for a Woodruff key. Instead the shaft has a flat, perhaps for a Tee Key like the flat on the bottom of the shaft where the jet drive impeller is held with a Tee Key. Does this motor have the wrong shaft or is there a Tee Key for available for the water pump impeller that will fit the flat on the shaft? - Ray
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ray, this unit has the correct shaft.What you need to find is the correct impeller or if there is a shim that should have been included with the impeller to hold it to the shaft on this one.I would mention this to the supplier or try a different one to see who has the full impeller kit;)Hope that makes sense let me know if you have further questions and please remember to rate kindly before you go.Have a great night;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not help me. We have done all this. I did a search for Yamaha factory help and I got this site with a Yamaha address. Only Yamaha would know the answer to my question.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes I agree whit you I was simply letting you know what you asked is the correct question. There is usually a shim that sits at the flat on shafts that have a flat, it just a different way to lock things to the shaft such as an impeller for the water pump etc. Many components work this way on lots of different items such as crankshafts cams etc.Do you need info on where to contact Yamaha about this?ThanksTech Mike