Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Garmin stopped syncing six days ago. It is only 4.5 months

Customer Question

My Garmin stopped syncing six days ago. It is only 4.5 months old. How can I get it to sync again?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it is not even recognized by the computer you sync it with, try a different USB port on the computer, and another.
If it is not recognized by any of them, the device could be defective, despite being new, and should be given to Garmin for them to repair under warranty terms - for free.
If the Garmin *is* recognized, but is not syncing, you might need to reinstall the software that you sync with it, if it is Garmin software... and obviously, if it is not Garmin software, you should try using Garmin software - Garmin Connect, or Garmin Express to be specific.
Also try swapping out the cable that you have been trying to sync it through.
Let me know more about the error messages, the conditions, and your computer, if the above is not helpful to the situation.