John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Have a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS radio on my boat. It has been working

Customer Question

Have a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS radio on my boat. It has been working just fine, but today we were just barely able to hear vocals, only the instrumentals. It was really evident when a Chicago song played. Made it sound as if the band was an instrumental group. Any thoughts? Is it conceivable that sound adjustments have gotten really messed up? I made some changes, but no real improvement. Radio may need to be checked? Time for new speakers? Not sure about speakers being the problem. There are two speakers outside the boat cabin, and that is where we noticed the problem. When I changed the fade to speakers inside the cabin, same issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, while it is possible for a problem with the speakers, it would be most unlikely for all four (4) to go bad at the same time.
On the otherhand, a possibility to consider that wold be commonly exhibited on either/both front and rear / left and right would be the equalizer settings of the Pioneer.
Have you tried checking the equalizer settings (EQ) ? ...change to any of the other Preset(s); Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Flat or SuperBass ?