Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Sharp XE a106 cash register has power but the key function

Customer Question

My Sharp XE a106 cash register has power but the key function buttons just seemed to go dead. Thus, draw has to be opened manually from underneath right now, but no sales are being tabulated. Can you help us as quickly as possible, please?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It sounds as if you need to try a reset of your cash register.
If that fails to do anything about the non-functional aspects of its current status, then you probably have a cash register that is 'broken', and needs either repair or replacement, I'm sorry to say. Lack of power over the drawer, combined with no tabulation, combined with 'dead' function keys, really seems too severe to be anything else.
Whether you choose to repair it, or replace it (or, if you need instructions on doing a reset) let me know, and I will advise you further, as appropriate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have already had the problem troubleshot directly by the CSR with Sharp Electronics. Your response was not bad, it's just that it is four hours later than when I had originally needed it, unfortunately. Plus, due to my time crunch, I had to pay Sharp Electronics $20 for their service call on top of the $5 down payment I had already put down for this convoluted service system. No reflection on you Russell, but when I had found the link to this site it seemed like an official Sharp service connection. When a written response took longer than I had expected, I rechecked my options and finally realized I should have called up Sharp in the first place, whereupon I got my results faster - and not far from your initial prognosis. But first relying on what thought had been a direct official link to Sharp turned out to be somewhat misleading,and costlier step involving you all. Thank you for your time, but I won't be needing your expertise anymore at this time. Have a good day.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I answered your case in good faith, and I am sure you appreciate that.
Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.
Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.