Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Is the C4-DIM1-Y-x switch compatible with a ai400lvat All-Pro

Customer Question

Is the C4-DIM1-Y-x switch compatible with a ai400lvat All-Pro LV can w/TF-149911-AS transformer? We have had issues with humming, flickering and transformer being burnt up. Fine if switch is removed. Is the switch the problem? Do we need to upgrade to newer model?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I understand your question correctly the switch in question is a control for wireless dimmer.You will have issues if you match up the wrong type of dimmer with a given transformer. With this particular transformer, I can tell you what dimmers are certified to work with it. They are:Leviton VZM06Lutron SLV-600P Specifically known to have minor issues but are still safe to use with the transformer are:Lutron NLV-600 Lutron DVLV-600P While other dimmers may work, it is common to have problems like this if you use dimmer that is not approved by the manufacturer. And I'm assuming that you're keeping the transformer, so I would suggest using one of the options that is known to work with it. Please let me know if you still questions. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, is there any history of this Control 4 dimmer causing problems with this type of can/transformer?
There is nothing specifically mentioned about the control for Denver, but the symptoms are exactly what happens with dimmers that are not compatible. As you can imagine, not every dimmer on the market is listed as being compatible or not. In this case there are only two dimmers listed as being compatible with the transformer.