Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My several year old 857d does not change bands and does

Customer Question

Hello, my several year old 857d does not change bands and does not change mode.
it is limited to the 60 meter channels and 40 meter LSB
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Did it change bands previously? - if so, then either it has lost the capability and is 'broken' (which I somewhat doubt) or is in the wrong mode or in the wrong setting for change-of-modes.- if not, well, let me know if that's the case. If it did change bands previously, here are some things to try before assuming the radio is broken: Your radio may be in 'memory mode'. To try to get it out of memory mode, turn it Off. Then hold down the Home key and press the power button while still holding down the Home key. That should reset it. Let me know what you think, and how it goes, please. Thanks.