John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

John I have just purchased a second hand sam4s 260 series cash

Customer Question

John I have just purchased a second hand sam4s 260 series cash register and everytime i attempt to program it - the E1 error comes up on completion of a logo setup
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have followed the downloaded manual, step by step and cannot get any of the text based settings to 'stick'
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. There should be a code after the E1 is there? Have you tried resetting it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I got the cash register I did a total reset using the manuals instructions. I reprogrammed the date. time and tax rate - which all were expected without any issues. The problem began when I started to program the business name, following the instructions in the manual and when I was to press XTIME for the line of text it constantly beeped and no other error came up - I left that and tried to program the department names and same thing happened, when I went to press the XTIME up came the same error!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Can you try resetting it again for me please and see if the same thing happens. Let me know the results when you can.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that twice already!