Steven, Technician
Experience:  30 years in the repair and installation of consumer electronics, home theater audio distribution.
59014109

I have a mustek mp83 dvd player and it wont play dvds it just

Customer Question

i have a mustek mp83 dvd player and it wont play dvds it just says no discs and the screen goes crazy
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have read your question, I have researched this unit and see it has a value of less then 100.00 dollars. Most of the time when these units show a no disk error or will not read data from an inserted disk it is due to a faulty laser diode (optical pickup assembly) this part retails for, generally speaking for more then the unit would be worth so an out of warranty repair would not be practical. If the unit is under 90 days old you could contact support for the product at 1-***-***-**** to attain warranty support. The one thing you might try is a DVD cleaning disk that can be purchased at just about any Best buy, some pharmacies even sell them for just a few bucks. I hope this helps, if not please reply and we can continue with any information or additional assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
test? can I be of further assistance, I am here if you would like to chat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steven sorry I lost you. I know have read your complete answer that for some reason I wasn't able to do so before. I apologize for time for as gone. Thanks for your answer
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
No problem and let me know if you need any further assistance.