Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

We have a model LN32C450E1D. Cannot get the audio to work.

Customer Question

We have a model LN32C450E1D. Cannot get the audio to work. No exterior audio hooked up. Have run the test and internal speaker seems to work fine. Speaker works when unit is powering up or down. Help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Basically what you are saying is that the TV's audio circuit or a least output and speakers are working .
What is connected to this tv ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a directv reciever.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k and you are saying that you get sound from the direct tv when powering up or down the tv but not in between while it is on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Had it into a repair shop. It would not power up, no picture or sound. The tech said he replaced a board and we were able to get a picture after that.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k but i just want to make sure here ;What is that sound that you get when powering up/down is it the Samsung jingle or actually direct tv sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the jingle.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then this is quite differentsatellite boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;Pull the sat. box`s power cord off the wall outlet (sat. box only) for a minute.In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the sat.box power cord.Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has been done previously. Have moved the tv around to different directv boxes in the house with same results. have also plugged other tv's into same hdmi cord and other tv's have worked properly.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then tell me everything that has been done so far so I won`t repeat the whole thing ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Right now beside the jingle it looks like your tv`s audio circuit went defective .Did it come out of the repair shop like that ?Which board exactly was replaced ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's it as far as what I have tried. Plugged tv into different boxes and tried different tvs at those boxes. Ran the self diagnosis sound test. The tv worked properly during test. Don't know which board was replaced.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k but I mean did the tv come out of the shop this way , was it working with sound and all or it was not tested there ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Right now this looks like you have a defective main board so it would be a good idea to check what was replaced as that board cost 80 to $100 .What you could try now is something else than hdmi like standard analog audio/video cable for a test and see if you get sound there ?