Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a PNY Eliet Performance 64 GB SD card that just

Customer Question

I have a PNY Eliet Performance 64 GB SD card that just started getting an I/O device error, so I am unable to access or re-format the card. Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the drive letter the card is showing as please and which version of windows you are using?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F: By the way it is a PNY Performance Elite.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
I believe you missed the second question I had, no problem, but can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is Windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type
chkdsk f: /f
Press enter
Let it finish the repair and tell me please if it is now accessible.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says that it cannot open the volume
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It cannot open the volume for direct access
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
It is the internal memory on the actual card that has faulted.
Its not corrupted, and this is why it will not repair and brings an I/O (communications) error
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the card to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I had a feeling I was hosed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that but at least it is confirmed.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you