Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

MY AVIC-F900BT/XS/UC STOPPED WORKING.THE FUSE IS GOOD.IT STARTS

Customer Question

MY AVIC-F900BT/XS/UC STOPPED WORKING.THE FUSE IS GOOD.IT STARTS UP FOR ABOUT A MINUTE THEN TURNS ITSELF OFF
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If it starts to function fully for a while, even 10 seconds, and is not still starting up some sub-function or other, then it has a severe heat-related problem, that shows up practically at once. It will require repair, beyond all doubt. The question is, aside from what I have already mentioned, whether it is still within warranty - either the one-year warranty from the maker of the AVIC (Pioneer), or the warranty on the car it is in (if it is original to the car and *if* the car is still within its warranty...) If it is, then repair-servicing would be for free under warranty terms. The other option is, to replace the AVIC. The choice as to which, is up to you. And, if you would like to try to repair the AVIC yourself, let me know. I will give you what further advice I can, in that case, or in the case of any other choice, at no additional charge of course.