Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I have a lowrance 3500 in my 2000 supra. It flashes different

Customer Question

I have a lowrance 3500 in my 2000 supra. It flashes different deppths and the f/m flashes back and forth worked fine last year now it just flashes and sounds the alarm. any ideas? and if it needs replaced what would you suggest?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Usually this is a bad transducer, not the main unit, however the main display guages do go bad from time to time as well.... honestly, your better off just replacing the main unit and the ducer if needed, this way it is also an upgrade and a new unit. Make sure to check the wiring/connections that they are tight, clean and not damaged.
Any good quality depth finder gauge that fits the same hole will do, they are pretty standard units. There are tons of good manufactures that make these and you do not have to stick with a lowrance if you would like to change. A new lowrance model would be such as this: http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Gauges/LST-3800-In-Dash-Digital-Depth-and-Temp-en-us.aspx
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.