Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My DVD Recorder was unplugged - when it was plugged back in

Customer Question

My DVD Recorder was unplugged - when it was plugged back in all that I see is 4 dashes where the time should be. Hit the power button but will not do anything
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try setting the time, or trying other functions. If nothing responds, then, how old is your DVD recorder? If nothing responds, and evidently no functions work, it may be 'broken'. But, you might also have it suffering from static discharge and hopefully only temporarily in a bad state. Try unplugging it again, leaving it that way for about an hour, then plugging it in again... meanwhile, making sure you are not wearing woolen clothing of any sort... which can produce static discharge of the sort that 'locks up' or sometimes permanently damages electronic equipment. And check the DVD Recorder on a different power outlet.If that also does not help, you may have a 'broken' DVD Recorder, unfortunately. In which case, if it is within a year of its purchase date, it should be repaired under warranty terms by the maker or manufacturer.Let me know how it goes, please.