John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My business has a Copystar CS-1635 that we purchased several

Customer Question

My business has a Copystar CS-1635 that we purchased several years ago from a local mom & pop office supply store. They did all the service work, and we bought all of our copy supplies from them for the past several decades. Now they have closed because of competition from the big box stores that do only limited service work. Otherwise I would be calling them to deal with this problem. We had a paper misfeed this morning that jammed the copier. The paper tore in two as we tried to carefully pull it out. We can't find anyway to gain access to the innards of the machine to retrieve the torn scrap of paper. Any suggestions on what we can do, or how we can find another local technician?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I'm sorry to hear that.it sounds like this machine is now in need of a basic tune up, it is a very good copier but even these will need some TLC every now and then. Removing bits of paper that may be causing a jam condition can be hard to deal with on this model depending on where the paper bit is stuck.Let me ask, may I have your state and town so I can check to see who may be available that is reputable for you.Thank youTech Michael