AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Experience:  FCC License w/Radar Endorsement, 5 yrs of experience teaching aviation electronics, 20yrs total exp
24991566

I have 2 Kindles. The older one had over 500 books on it when

Customer Question

I have 2 Kindles. The older one had over 500 books on it when I purchased a newer version. Everything was great for quite awhile then all of the books on my first Kindle disappeared. Can I get them back?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 1 year ago.
One of two things has happened. Either your firmware needs resetting or you need to re-register it to your Amazon account. Try resetting the firmware first. To do this, slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds. After that, check to see if the books reappeared. If not, register it. If you need help registering it, I'll need to know the model number off of the back. It will be in VERY small letters and will begin with D0.