Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I can't program my weather radio. Help!

Customer Question

I can't program my weather radio. Help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't someone just call to walk me thru the programming process @314(###) ###-####!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with this unit.
I am unable to make a phone call to you to yet, so let me ask a few questions to see if I can help.
May I ask:
1) Is this a NEW unit, or perhaps a "used" or "refurbished" device?
2) How long have you had this unit?
3) Do you have any "paperwork" that came with the unit?
That should get us started. Please let me know and we will get right on this.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first note, but I wanted to send the following information before I take an afternoon break.
First, I have a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for you - just in case you didn't get one with your unit. The manual should appear on your screen when you use the link below, but let me know if that does not happen.
http://new.midlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/WR120-Full-manual-5-10-12-EZ.pdf
Next, I have a couple of links to videos, that show the setup and programming of these units. The first is from a TV station's "weather guy", and it goes step-by-step through the entire unit programming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9Ae8v2EV8
Note: When he covers the SAME codes for setting the county, you may want to just set the "ANY" mode, so you don't have to worry about those codes - at least for now.
This NEXT link is a video from different person, and it must more RAPID when programming, and not a complete at the first video, when it comes to step-by-step procedures. But I just wanted you to see it so you would have a good idea of how these systems work during setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGkc2hQjxyU
I hope this helps. Please let me know your results and if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)