Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

After a box weighing about 15 lbs. fell on my Brothers typewriter,

Customer Question

After a box weighing about 15 lbs. fell on my Brothers typewriter, all it does now is type numbers and symbols; not the words that I'm typing. What's up?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds as if the daisywheel's synchronization is off-sync.
I suggest as a first effort, re-seating the daisywheel, followed by a Reset of the typewriter. (The keyed Reset would do - or else the pull-the-power-plug-suddenly and leave it that way for 15+ minutes reset.)
(Please tell me the Brother typewriter's model #, so I can be sure I am giving you the right and most accurate advice... the exact key combination that does the reset varies from model to model.)
(PS: Also, is the typewriter outwardly damaged? the extent would indicate what sort of problem it has.)