John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I've owned my garmin 2 plus yrs. it locked up,

Customer Question

hi I've owned my garmin for about 2 plus yrs. it locked up, and I could'ent turn it off. now I can't turn it on. can you help or do I need to get a new ons ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried a different charger yet? Have you ever replaced the battery?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no to both questions
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Can you test another charger please then. Even borrowing one for 10 minutes should be enough. Most Garmins use the same type of charger. Some cell phones use the same type as well.
.