Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My bell hd receiver comes on then 015 shows up on the screen

Customer Question

my bell hd receiver comes on then 015 shows up on the screen no signal put different receiver on same line and works fine
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is the receiver in question?
Also were there any power outages or surges that you may be aware of recently?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
receiver is about 2 or 3 years old we had 2 outages in last 2 to 3 weeks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information,
This sure sounds like the outage is to blame for this problem. When this happens, sometimes a power surge will show on your wiring due to transformer tendencies outside your home on the power lines that will cause electronic components to become damaged and they will ultimately fail.
I'm sure this is what happened unfortunately.
The only thing you can do to fix this is replace the receiver as they don't sell parts for that and it requires specialized test equipment and electronics knowledge to understand the complex circuits.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with today on this.
Please don't forget to rate my service Kindly, it is the only way I receive any credit for working with you and it wont cost you anything to rate ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for answer
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I posted this answer yesterday, I haven't seen a reply to this one yet;-)
"Thank you for that information,
Please don't forget to rate my service Kindly, it is the only way I receive any credit for working with you and it wont cost you anything to rate ;-)"
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/958gf-bell-hd-receiver-comes-015-shows-screen.html#ixzz3d8vojmxO