Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a mp3 disc player in my 2008 Ford. It has been playing

Customer Question

I have a mp3 disc player in my 2008 Ford. It has been playing great, but two days ago
it became irratic in playing songs in sequence. It may start with the first song on the
disc and when it is done, go to song 5 or 12 or 7 etc. what can be done to correct this
problem? thank you for any help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that your player has been set to 'Shuffle' rather than to (and the name for this varies) 'Normal' or 'Sequential' or similarly named mode.
Shuffle mode is when the sequence of songs or numbers is set to jump around somewhat at random. The other mode is when it plays them in order,
1
2
3
4
etc.
If you need exact information as to how to re-set Shuffle mode, or enable the other mode, please tell me first what maker and model # ***** MP3 Disc Player you have. (The car model is unfortunately not indicative with any exactitude, since aftermarket models are often installed, or different models installed depending upon minutiae of the exact model and manufacture date of the car, etc. etc.)