Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

I have a nuvi 2797LM and unknown reason it's begun

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 2797LM and for some unknown reason it's begun to malfunction. It was working fine for about the hour drive I took; I was out of the car for a couple of hours (not in sunshine and/or high heat) and when I returned and drove off (no destination entered) it operated as usual posting "Ready to Navigate" and then suddenly the street map disappeared but the Speed and Direction spot spot continued to function. Shortly thereafter, it was displaying false locations. I powered off for a minute or two but that di9dn't help, then I powered off, disconnected the power cord and left it that way for 7 hours. I just returned to my car and the same "problem" existws. H E L P !
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
This issue will happen when there is a software corruption, let's go ahead and fix it.
Hold the GPS horizontally.
This may erase all favorites.
Start with the device off and unplugged from power.
Touch and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the GPS.
Touch and hold the bottom right corner of the touchscreen
Power the device on.
'System' will appear on the screen for about 35 seconds.
Remove your finger when the screen say 'Loading..'
The GPS will reset the software.
Set the GPS back up and test your device to see the error gone.
*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.
Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.
Chris