Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer SX 203. It stopped turning on. I opened

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer SX 203. It stopped turning on. I opened it up and found a blown Fuse (Number 1) closest to where the power cord plugs in. I replaced it and it immediately burned out.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you've replaced the fuse and it immediately blows, then you've got a short on the transformer primary. The fuse is there to protect your household outlet against shorts in the receiver's power supply. In order to fix this, you will need to replace the power supply transformer in the receiver- which can usually be cross referenced through www.mouser.com or www.digikey.com
If this is something you're looking to repair yourself, please get me any markings, lettering or part numbers off of the power supply transformer in the receiver and I will attempt to locate a replacement. Expect cost to be in the $100 range.
Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will typically charge $200 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:
www.stereorepair.com
I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?