Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

After I loaded France and the Benelux countries onto my Garmin

Customer Question

After I loaded France and the Benelux countries onto my Garmin the US version does not work well. The French version worked well when I was in France last week.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.
You say that the US version does not work well. Can you explain in more detail what the GPS might be doing?
Please let me know so that we can continue.
Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The traffic function does not work and the routing information only appears on the top of the display. The car image does not follow the route that you are on.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, from the main screen, click Tools, then click Settings, then click Maps, then click Info.
Tell me everything you see on that screen. And tell me which box is ticked/checked.
Thanks.
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CN Europe NT is checked, CN North America NT is not
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then that is why.
Uncheck Europe.
Check North America and restart the GPS.
That should do it for you.
Please let me know if it doesn't.
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you still have problems.
Make sure you reboot the GPS after you change maps.
It may take a few minutes for the GPS to lock with the satellites.
I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face (or stars) and then the 'Submit' button. Don't worry, this won't close your question... you can still come back whenever you want if you need more information.
If this didn't answer your question, just click 'Reply to Expert' and let me know! I'll try and help further.
Regards
Steve