Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My DH 2028 hand held dictator fell on the ground, last evening

Customer Question

My DH 2028 hand held dictator fell on the ground, last evening ; and the cassette tape now won't move forward, when I try to dictate.
Can I fix this, after opening the rear of the case? If so, how?
Thank you.
Scott A. Martin
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott,and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your Grundig cassette recorder?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 1 year old, maybe less.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
Unfortunately dropping this unit will cause irreparable damage to the inner workings as they are very tiny parts both plastic and thin metal.
Once they bend as yours more than likely have you would never be able to get them just right for reliable operation.
What I wold do in this case, is since the nit is likely just under the 1 year mark, is either return it for an exchange saying it simply stopped working. They will replace it for you free of charge in many cases. If the store wont do that for you, you can contact Grundig for a warranty replacement at no cost to you;-)
In many cases Grundig has a super warranty that is more than 1 year as well.
You can locate their warranty repair # ***** your with your user manual.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
Have a great day!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I hope that helps,
Please don't forget to rate my service before you go, and you can always get back in touch with me at no additional cost after rating to chat;-)