Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

How can I turn off phone when gone stay?

Customer Question

how can I turn off phone when gone for extended stay?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
What is the brand and model of your phone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic phone model-KX-TG4733B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this model has two extra handsets.
okay, thank you. Panasonic recommends removing the rechargeable batteries if you are not going to use the phones for an extended period of time this will keep the batteries and the phones from damage while not in use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to just shut off ringer. I don't want 50 calls on my phone when I return. Thank you for recommendation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will be all, signing off now. Thank you again.
yes, disconnect the power adapter at the base unit, The unit will not work with the power off.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, and for any confusion. It looks like your question was inadvertently routed to the computer category, rather than to a proper phone expert.
Can you please clarify what your intent is here? If you are gone for an extended period, do you not want to receive any calls, not want callers to have an opportunity to leave you a message, and to not have any indication that someone did call while you were away?
Or are you just wanting to disable the ringer for example so that it isn't making noise while you aren't there, which could disturb neighbors, etc?