John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Bought a Nuvi 3760LMT on ebay in January - worked fine until

Customer Question

Bought a Nuvi 3760LMT on ebay in January - worked fine until today. Tried to turn it on and got a low battery warning and then it shut off automatically.
I've tried charging by wall charger and through my car system with no results. Plugged it into my computer and it didn't even recognize the Nuvi as an external device. I'm wondering if it could be the window mount adapter, which is cheaper to buy than getting this unit repaired at a flat rate of $60 plus shipping.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Did you buy it new or used? New it should have come with a 1 year warranty? Has the battery ever been replaced?
.