Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My cash register wont let me in reason it says not

Customer Question

My cash register wont let me in for some reason it says not assigned don't know what happened
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That is sometimes the message when the clerk number assignment has been lost from the cash register's configuration or memory.
To cure it, assign a clerk number - e.g. 001 - and then try getting in to the register.
If you cannot assign the clerk number owing to not being able to 'get in' to the register, then please tell me exactly what you are doing to try to get in to the register, and exactly what it shows or says in reaction. (There's no need to tell me any codes or passwords, I cannot use them, and this is a public forum and it may be read by anyone. But I need to know the details otherwise, please, before I can offer more specific instructions on what to do.)
Also it would help if you could tell me what maker, and what model number, the cash register in question is. Thanks.