Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Do I need a power converter, a power adapter or both when I

Customer Question

Do I need a power converter, a power adapter or both when I travel to France? I will have a laptop, iPad, iPhone and hair dryer with me.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Yes you will need a converter for anything that uses a standard American power outlet. These are usually pretty cheap and you can shop around but just to give you an idea of what you need have a look here http://www.amazon.com/Grounded-Universal-Schuko-Adapter-Germany/dp/B004SY5O5K/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0V4VSQ0NCV17JT8H3T56 You do not have to buy it online, you can probably pick one up at your local electronics store or possibly even in the airport. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The link you sent leads to an adapter. Do I need a power converter as well?

Thank you for your help; have a good day.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
No you just need an adapter like I linked you, you plug your device into it and then plug into to the electrical outlet in the wall. I use this same one when I go to Europe for my devices with no issue. It is a good one and has over 2000 positive reviews.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
It is all you should need for your trip and like I said you can pick one up at most electronic stores, online, or even at some airports. It will probably be cheapest to get online though. If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know. Also I need to ask you to rate my service which is what provides me with credit for my time and expertise. You can always continue the discussion after rating me if you need to.Thank You-Chris