John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I accidentally unplugged the power to my TEAC Hy-Fi system

Customer Question

I accidentally unplugged the power to my TEAC Hy-Fi system and plugged it back immediately bu now my remote RC1223A does not work. It's dead. All I need is FM radio. How do I get my FM radio to work and now how do I reprogram the only stations I listen to: ***** ***** and 90.1?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, for the past few months I've been getting a strange clicking sound when I'm tuned in at a power setting a bit above medium. Often there is a humming noise. What's wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in using another outlet? Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspect after a quick review of the schematics / Service Manual would be a failed power supply based on "...It's dead..."The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself)repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron? Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual ?