Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Furuno 292 has lost power on low frequency 50w. 200w is working

Customer Question

Furuno 292 has lost power on low frequency 50w. 200w is working fine. recording 150 fa. 900ft. Have checked all the settings and appears o.k. Could it be transducer?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
Yes this would almost certainly be the transducer. The problem with that is that testing the transducer is very difficult to do. The only way to test it really is to replace it. I would suggest putting the same or similar transducer in place of Alan so that you don't have to change anything and see if that makes a difference. I suspect it will. But if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll help you with it until it's resolved.