Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

My PNY thumb drive is asking to be formatted, but I have already

Customer Question

My PNY thumb drive is asking to be formatted, but I have already added about 75 files. Will I lose these files if I formate at this time ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. If you format, everything on it is erased, you will want to backup all files using a different computer before formatting it. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thumb drive won't allow me in (wants me to format ) to view or copy files and I have no source of the original files.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
As I mentioned you would need to use a different computer to back up the files, normally the one originally used to put them on the drive.
.