Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a dymo 400 turbo labelwriter. Labels installed correctly.

Customer Question

I have a dymo 400 turbo labelwriter. Labels installed correctly. They advance correctly but it does not print. Driver ok. Computer is sony, vista windows. Prints good with 850 deskjet. Help
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, on your computer, go to
Start - Control Panel - Devices and Printers,
and then right-click on the Dymo LabelWriter's icon there, and select Properties.
In the Properties for the printer, accessed this way, look for anything that controls the print density.
Also, try going to
File - Print Preview
in the software you are printing from (if it has that function), and if the Preview is not blank, then your printer (as I suspect at this point) has the problem, not your software, almost certainly.
If your printer has the problem, then its printhead (thermal, I think) is defective, and needs replacing.
If the printer is new or within a year of having been bought as a new device, then its failure is covered by warranty from Dymo, and it should be serviced by them for free. (If you get to this point, and need further details, let me know.)
Let me know how it goes, and what you find out. Thanks.