Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a new airmar p66 transducer and I'm trying to

Customer Question

Hi i have a new airmar p66 transducer and I'm trying to connect it to the raymarine c80. The 5 pin connector or a nmea 0183 cable which connects to the c80 has yellow brown white black and green wires. The airmar transducer wires are white blue black red
and silver. The lady at west marine said i can override from getting a converter box by putting the white and green on c80 5 pin cable to the white and green wires on the transducer wires that is the nmea input. Are they compatible? What wires connect to which?
Do i need a converter box since the airmar is new and maybe on seatalk 2. thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that a note in Airmar's installation manual* sums up the situation fairly adequately:
CAUTION: Do not remove the connector to ease cable routing. If
the cable must be cut and spliced, use Airmar’s splash-proof
Junction Box No. 33-035...
It seems that this may be non-applicable advice, if you have already cut the cable, but let me know if it is not the case that the cable from the transducer has been cut yet, and I will help you further as appropriate.