Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My elderly father has had a stroke. He needs to walk a lot.

Customer Question

My elderly father has had a stroke. He needs to walk a lot. He responds to competition against himself. I bought a VIVOFIT and this it will work for him. I tried it for a number of days and now want to WIPE OUT my information and set his up so that it ONLY TRACKS HIS STEPS, NOTHING ELSE, NO GOALS. He will compete by trying to do better each day.
I have tried to set it up this way, but can't quite get it. I don't want MY steps (those up to June 2) to be on there anymore, so that mine won't be compared to his.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
To reset the watch, press and hold the Sleep button to put the watch to sleep, then press the Sleep button 5 times very quickly; hold the button on the 5th press until the firmware version appears on the screen and the display then goes blank; finally release and press the Sleep button quickly then hold again until the watch restarts. Your data will now be erased.