Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

How do I install the fuse in my AudioSource amp 100 amplifier?

Customer Question

How do I install the fuse in my AudioSource amp 100 amplifier? Is there one fuse to install or 2 or 3. Do I screw on the amplifier fuse door tightly or loose? Should I unplug the device before I install the fuses?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That type of fuse housing needs to be tightened snug, not tight or loose. Definitely unplug the amp before removing the fuse. If you don't, you could get shocked. It will unscrew in a counter clockwise direction. Let me know if you still have trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My contractor who his missing in action removed the fuse and the amp fuse door. For this device, how many fuses should be installed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay, only one fuse goes into that amp. It is a 4A large fast blow glass fuse.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
These are available at any hardware store, most drug stores, electronics stores, etc... They are very common. It will fit the hole perfectly if you have the right one. I would advise bringing your fuse holder to the store with you to make sure you're getting the right one. The larger ones that you find at a drug store is what you are looking for.