John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia, and i have a gamin headset

Customer Question

i have a Bose Companion 20 Multimedia, and i have a gamin headset with mic. when mic and headset is plugged into the control pod, my mic is not recognised. It used to work, and I'm not sure what changed. any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi good evening,
How old is your Bose Companion?
Also the headset, have the wires been pulled on hard or anything that might compromise the connections?
And did you get the headset and Garmin at the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bose is 1.5 years old headset is .5 years old. no pulling on wires, i think it is something in the pc config
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hi, thanks for that information. If nothing changed, its highly unlikely that the pcs files are at fault.
Can you go into Windows where it tests your mic its somewhere depending on the version of Windows you are using. It adjusts the volume etc also makes sure the mic is in fact working;-)
If you get an indication visually with the sound bar moving as you speak, then you know the mic is ok and then we can look for issues in the PC's config settings.
But check that first and let me know what you find.